Friday, September 24, 2021

Gardening: Dialogue

 

Gardening: Dialogue

Teacher: Good morning, dear viewer, welcome to the English Speaking Practice class. how are you doing?

Student: Good morning, Sir. I am doing well. And you?

Teacher: today, our topic is the favorite hobby. Which in my case is “Gardening”? 

Student: I was visiting my friend in Lahore, I saw he had an amazing garden on their roof. But we do have not enough place in front of our house. 

Teacher: but, in my case, I have a lush green garden in front of our house. Because it is summertime and due to heat most of the plants and trees dried up and withered now

Student: Waoo, that’s cool. So have you got any garden in your house?

Teacher:  Yes, I have a small one. today is a holiday and I’ll work for some time in my garden. Why not you join me. Come and visit my garden

Student: Your garden is very beautiful. Here I see many types of trees, plants, and saplings. I don’t know the names even.

Teacher: Oh, then you can start without any hesitation. I can help you with all the information.

Teacher: I plant the seedlings and take care of them regularly. I water them and weed them regularly. This is mint. In winter it grows exponentially, and we use it in our meals. Now, in the summertime, it is dried because of heat.

Student: That will be great. You can collect some fresh food items from there.

Teacher: This is sweet lime. These are from the citrus family. Next is pomegranate. Because this requires an ideal winter season which is not present here. So, it grows very small here. Now, these are English Roses. Next to this plant is a Champa tree with pink flowers. Again some English and traditional Rose plants in my garden. These are not fully bloomed in this season. Now, look at this big tree this is a guava tree. This is Queen of Night or our commonly known Raat ki rani is a fragrant flowering bush. This small tree has two names Acer or maple. Again Rose plant. Look at this. This is moringa. This is like a hero in my garden. Let me pause this video to guide you about its benefits. The leaves have 7 times more vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than bananas. It also has calcium, protein, iron, and amino acids, which help your body heal and build muscle. It's also packed with antioxidants, substances that can protect cells from damage and may boost your immune system. People are crazy about this plant because it has magical powers. If you have  All and all a power booster without any side effects.

Student: Literally, Amazing.

Teacher: What is your hobby dear viewer, what do you do in your leisure time.

Student: My hobby is playing cricket with my friends. Every afternoon I play with my friends. And I keep my body fit by playing cricket. Moreover, I have another hobby of book reading. I love reading books a lot.

Teacher: Your hobby is also praiseworthy. But, by the way, which subject fascinates you more in book reading.

Student: Professor I like to read books on society, culture, and psychological ones. Which helps me to understand people and their nature.

Teacher: Oh, fantastic. Did you read the book “Man are from Mars and Women are from Venice”? If you don’t read it after this video. Because it will help you to understand the emotional differences between man and woman. So it will help you in understanding people in your upcoming life.

Student: I will read your recommended novel. Man Are from Mars and Women Are from Venice” by John Gray to understand the mental, intelligence, education, language, and emotional differences between man and woman. Thanks for your suggestions

 

Teacher: This is a curry tree. We use it to spice up our Indian meals. This fig tree, you already know about its benefits. Again Acer and with here we have aloe vera plant which is used in body massage and shinning products. This is a lemon plant. This one is Jasmin. Again lemon plant. Here the tallest tree in my garden is the neem tree. This tree is considered a symbol of blessing by many people. Its leaves work magically for many purposes. People use its leave for hair and dandruff problems. It is a natural and herbal cure to about every disease which is caused by sweets and sugar. It controls blood sugar, prevents skin problems, and aids in digestion. All in all, a complete package. In the last, as a gardener, let's check soil conditions here.  Soil is fertile as soils with a balance of different-sized mineral particles (approximately 40% sand, 40% silt, and 20% clay) with ample organic matter and pore space is perfect

Teacher: Yeah I think the same as you. When I work in my garden I feel so good. When I see the flower and get vegetables from there as a result of my hard work I feel so proud.

Student: Yeah, I think that too. I encourage people to do some extraordinary things in their leisure time. It helps us to learn so many things. Suppose when I read books, I learn so many new things. I get mental relief and it increases our knowledge and develops our skills.

Teacher: Excellent.

Student: Sir, as we see growing pollution and climate changes, we should plant more green plants and trees to protect us from adverse effects in the future. The plantation is a noble deed. It has many advantages like a constant supply of forest products, prevents soil erosion, better air quality, stabilizes the climate, and preservation of wildlife is now in real danger because of deforestation.

Teacher: Yes, even plants and greenery have much positive effect on human psychology. This is the reason why people who live in villages are healthy and mentally stable than people living in cities with pollution and multiple diseases problems. Researchers have published many articles about the benefits of trees and gardening.

Student: That’s a very good thing. Trees have many benefits like combat the greenhouse effects, conserve energy, prevent landslides, and help prevent water pollution.

Teacher: Yes, you are quite right. these plants and trees satisfy my mind with their beauty and scent.

Student: Your hobby and activities are praiseworthy. I’ll also make a garden. See you later, take care.

 

 


 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home